More than 50 km of ViaRhôna cycling path in Bugey
- Part of Eurovelo 17, the ViaRhôna cycle route links Lake Geneva and the Mediterranean sea on 850 km. Currently close to being clompleted, the path is mainly composed of cycling path and shared roads.
- The path is easily accessible, many parking lots are located along the way.
- The ViaRhôna is particularly flat and its safe roads composed of bike paths is particularly adapted for families and children.
- Picnic tables along the way allow to take breaks on the shores of the river to relax, eat and enjoy the view.
- Different sites can be visited close to the ViaRhona.
Download the 2022 ViaRhôna map between Geneva and Lyon or the 2021 map of the entire route:
Different points of interest near the ViaRhôna :
- The Grand Colombier, its famous hairpins and a wonderful point of view over the Alps on the top.
- Culoz, its historical centre, the Montveran castle.
- Ceyzérieu, typical local village, the house and swamp of Lavours, natural reserve.
- Vongnes, wine producing village, the caveau Bugiste and its museums about winegrower traditions and stone-cutting tools.
- Chanaz, charming village along the Savière canal, cruise on the Lake Bourget starting point.
- Lake Lit au Roi, its port and a panoramic view.
- Belley, capital of Bugey, its cathédrale and history.
- Izieu, Jewish children memory museum.
- Brégnier-Cordon, Murs-et-Gélignieux, and their water sports centres.
- Glandieu, its majestic waterfall.
- More information on the ViaRhona website: www.viarhona.com
Bridge Virignin – La Balme :
The bridge between La Balme and Virignin is now open.
For your information:
- Follow the last information about cycling in Bugey on the Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/bugeyvelo01/